Thursday, January 5, 2012

Purity- Philosophy Facial Cleanser Review

If you know me at all... you know I have a love for trying new products.  My most recent product try out was the facial cleanser Purity by Philosophy.  While I am a BIG philosophy fan, my skin did not react well with this face wash.  I am still on the hunt for the perfect skin care line for me. : (

I used this facial cleanser for about two weeks.  I will continue to use it for an additional week to see if any results change. (I will keep you posted.)   At my first use I liked the product.  It lathers nicely onto my face leaving the face feeling fresh and well cleaned.  It took off all of my make up with the exception of mascara. Sooo far sooo good right! ...Unfortunately after about a week and half of use I noticed little bumps on my face.  They are not my typical "that time of the month" bumps. Rather it almost seems like a rash or little bumps of oil.  They can be easily hidden under make up, but are not ideal for a smooth textured face.   Because of this reaction to the product I have a few concerns. First, I do have to wonder if maybe I have a simple allergy to this specific Philosophy product. Also, the product does not contain salicylic acid, tea tree oil, or benzyol peroxide.  These are the most common acne fighters that I have found to be effective.  Purity contains many wood oils, sunflower oil, and sodium lauromphoacetate. 

My skin is not perfect & I typically need a boost from a cleanser to keep it smooth and acne free.  Maybe your skin is less sensative than mine, and the Purity cleanser is right for you. (side note- Philosophy does advertise this cleanser as their wash for sensative skin.) It is an all natural product, which many people would see as a huge turn on to the product. I certainly plan on reading other reviews to see if how others feel about this product.  Maybe you want to give it a shot. Here is the info:

Sold at Ulta, Sephora, Macys, or Nordstrom- My mom bought mine at a Sephora counter with in a JC Pennys.  (I am proud of my mom for venturing out of her AVON rut she seems to be stick in!)

Mine was 3 fl. oz. which is a great size for trying the product out- This size costs 10 dollars.  If you do not have a philosophy selling store in your area, it is completely free shipping on their website for any size order. Yesss...I love this part of Philosophy!

Most stores that sell philosophy do have great return policies.  This means that even if you have the awful reaction to the product that I did, you can still get your money back and try something new.  I find that since it was just ten dollars it is not worth the hassle of returning an almost used bottle, but for some it might be!


No comments:

Post a Comment