Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012... Watch Out!

So... telling the year itself to watch out is a bit edgy, but I am truly ready for a great year! I love hearing about other people's new years resolutions on facebook and twitter, so i thought I would post about mine on my blog!
Here goes....
1. Follow through on my word- I am the queen of maybes and ideas that I would like to happen- but never do! This year I will try my best to stand true to what I say.  It's not always the big things that I struggle with.  Sometimes it is simple things like maybe plans I make for after work...but nine hours later say I am too tired to hang out. This year if I say so...it's happening! Whether that means Bdubs after work or commiting myself to something bigger!

 
My roommates and I ended the yr of 2011 right by following through on a roomie date to get our nails done...we initially made this plan in Sept & I think we are all grateful it finally happened!

2. Do what I love & love what I do- A few things in life have held me back in the past from truly doing what I love...Things like working to much (yes, I know VS has my heart!), caring too much about what people think, or wanting to take the easier road.  However, this year I vow to spend extra time on things that are important to me. This includes spending time with friends, family, and err maybe even head into my life after graduation year with confidence...knowing that I will be doing what I love!

3. Make this short hair look good! I recently was inspired by The Small Things Blog - a blog I found through pintrest. The blogger's name is Kate and she has beautiful SHORT hair!! Yes... I know... It turns out having short hair can still be cute and fun! This year I vow to try out new products, styles, and wear my short hair with confidence instead of regret!





These are pictures of Kate from her awesome blog.  She offers easy tutorials on how to style hair of any length, especially short.  I will certainly be taking advantage of this! Here is a link to watch some easy tutorials Hair Tutorials : ) Have fun!

4. A bit cliche and maybe mirrors most Christian's goals, but one of my resolutions is to grow in Christ.  I want to wake up every morning declaring my love for Him & go to bed every night knowing I did everything in my day to glorify His name.  I have so much joy and love in my heart from the Lord & I want to share it with anyone I get the opportunity to interact with!



5. My final resolution for 2012 is to display the characteristics of a Proverbs 31 woman of God! While this goal is similiar to #4, it is more specifically aimed at the Girlie Side of being a Christian woman, vs #3 aiming for general Christian growth-Here are the dets - I have got to clean up my gossipy little mouth, wear longer shirts with my leggings! (aka modesty), truly understand and live knowing my beauty and value is in the Lord not materialistic things (Hair.clothes.makeup.designers.brands.ect.), Integrity (I will do what is right even when no one is around...), Find myself in Him- not him.

Wish me luck! I welcome lots of prayers & would love to pray for you or talk about life, love, goals, and growth over a cup of coffee!
ps. note that I did not goal myself to blog more! Nope...this is new to me & if I dont like it i dont like it...and I might just stop! ...and that is A okay!

1 comment:

  1. aww Moff. You are such a beautiful woman of God (Yes, I know that is a cliche thing to say) But I mean it, and I loved reading your resolutions. It inspires me to have some more specific ones and start a blog! Also, I will hold you accountable in these-especially the spending more time with your friends one (AKA: ME)!! Love you and hope to see you tomorrow <3 <3

    ReplyDelete